If parents don?t want their child in Tucson Unified School District bilingual education programs, they must:

  • Check “no” to this question on the district?s registration form: “If bilingual and/or English as a second language instruction is recommended, I want my son/daughter to participate.”

  • Write a letter to the school principal, asking that the child be placed in non-bilingual programs.

  • The principal, along with district officials, will schedule a conference with the parents to discuss the merits of bilingual education.

  • If parents still choose against bilingual education, the child will be placed in mainstream classes.

Comments are closed.